You know your windows are old and need to be replaced. It’s a big investment, so you want to make sure you do it right. But you have questions. Should I bite the bullet and replace them all? Can I just replace a few windows? Are there drawbacks to piece-mealing the project? Can I afford to replace all of my windows at once? So many questions. That’s why All-Weather is here. We’ll answer those questions and give you an idea of your options so you can make the best decision for your home and your budget.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Windows
Typically, you won’t need to replace your windows for 20-30 years, depending on the quality and installation of the original windows. But there are certain scenarios that may require you to replace them sooner:
- A windowpane has been cracked
- The frame around the interior or exterior is damaged
- You feel a draft around your window
- Your windows leak
- There’s condensation between the panes
- House renovations inspired a differently-shaped window design
- Your windows aren’t properly insulated
- Your windows weren’t properly installed
Is Window Replacement an All-or-Nothing Deal?
No. You have several options. You can replace every window in your home at once, replace a full floor, or replace a single window. There are pros and cons to replacing your windows one at a time, and the decision of how to proceed really comes down to you, your preferences, and your budget.
Pros of Whole-Home Window Replacement
- You’ll usually save money by replacing all of your windows at once because discounts are provided to bulk purchases
- You only have a single disruption to your life for installation
- You can be assured that all of your windows and frames will match exactly for the best curb appeal. (Sometimes, after a few years, manufacturers can change their products.)
Cons of Whole-Home Window Replacement
- It’s more expensive to do all at once
- You will have window projects going on in every room
If you’re a Kansas City Metro resident and you’re experiencing window woes, don’t hesitate to contact All-Weather Windows, Doors, and Siding. We can provide some quotes and help you decide which approach is best for you. We also offer convenient financing options to help with the budget.
Call us today at (913) 648-9589 or visit our showroom at 7710 Shawnee Mission Parkway in Overland Park.